We’re always looking for passionate people to join the Connected Technology team and help us on our mission to bring more effective IT solutions to small and medium-sized business owners.
Take a look at some of our vacancies, and get in touch if you think you’re a match.
Connected Technology is a leading technology, managed service and cyber security provider. We implement new network computing systems and processes within organizations as well as integrating existing technology infrastructures. Located in Long Island, New York, Connected Technology is now celebrating 20 years in business!
We are seeking a motivated I/T Service Technician to join our team in Suffolk County and share our firm’s mission to fulfill the needs of our clients; exceeding their expectations with exceptional service and dedication.
The I/T Service Technician is responsible for providing level II/level III support for all onsite service and support needs for our customers as well as handling support service requests remotely and over the phone. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Windows Workstation, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in PSA(Professional Service Automation) platform as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule in PSA(Professional Service Automation) platform that has been established through the dispatch process
- Understand processes in PSA(Professional Service Automation) platform by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the PSA(Professional Service Automation) platform University
- Enter all work as service tickets into PSA(Professional Service Automation) platform
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to work flexible hours including on call duties
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years’ experience in network, hardware and software support
- One or more Professional IT Certifications required, such as: A+ certification, Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Connected Technology is growth-oriented and we take pride in our culture – which is built on collaboration, integrity and a passion for technology. Come join our team!
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical and dental plans
- Flexible spending programs including Healthcare, Dependent Care
- IRA plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Technical certification program
Full time and Part time positions available. We are located in close vicinity to the campuses of Stony Brook University and Suffolk Community College - students are strongly encouraged to apply! Please submit applications with cover letter in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.>
All applications must include the Job ID “01A16” in the subject line. Cover letters must describe why you believe you are a good fit for the position and include salary history and requirements. Applications without this information will not be considered.
We are an EEO/AA employer
We are looking for an IT Field Sales Representative. The successful candidate will be responsible for finding potential customers, initiating cold calls, and selling software products and services. The purpose of the role is to increase sales by working closely and individually with each potential customer. The position allows for a flexible work schedule that enables the jobholder to balance his or her personal lifestyle with sales expectations and commitments, and offers a base salary plus commission.
- Identify and evaluate sales targets and prospects, coordinating efforts with head office, and reporting sales information
Skills & Experience
- Preferred background in technology or software sales
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Above-average computer literacy
- Strong sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task
Founded in 1998, Connected Technology is an IT solutions consultancy and Managed Services Provider with a diverse set of channel partnerships that include IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, HP, and Dell. Connected Technology is recognized as one of the leading technology firms in the Tri-State Area.
We pride ourselves on hiring talented and dynamic individuals who possess a wide range of technology expertise, and who share the firm’s mission to fulfill the needs of our clients, exceeding their expectations with exceptional service and dedication.
Connected Technology is growth-oriented and offers a competitive salary, training and education, a comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, and IRA plan), generous PTO, and an excellent work atmosphere. We take pride in our culture, which is built on collaboration, integrity and a passion for technology.
For consideration, please submit your resume along with a cover letter and and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.